Page 1 of 1

Residence Registration in Beijing

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:13 am
by inbeijing
After a foreigner arrives in Beijing, the entity that he works for or that hosts him may send a note (official letter) to the Chinese visa authorities and apply for him a residence registration with the valid visa and the valid passport. Name, gender, nationality, type and serial number of passport, relations between the person and the entity and planned duration of stay in China should be specified in the note (official letter).

As for foreign experts (instructors) working in Beijing and their dependents (spouse minor children) should hold "Z" (vocational) visa when entry, and process resident application procedures to Exit & Entry Administration, Public Security Bureau in Beijing within 30 days after entry, generally, the valid period of residence permit will not exceed one year, and not exceed the expiry of the passport, too.

Must provide the following documents and evidential materials when process residence permit's application:

1. One's valid passport and visa;

2. Originals and copies of "Expert Certificate" issued by the National Expert Bureau of Foreign Affairs Office of Municipal Government;

3. Original "Health Certification" submitted by Beijing Exit & Entry Inspection & Quarantine Bureau;

4. Two recent, two in. bareheaded, full-faced photo (both black-and-white photophotochrome is ok).

5. Adding the official seal of the unit when fill out "Application Form for Visa Residence Permit", and stick a recent, two in., bareheaded, full-faced photo.

Working not exceed one year in Beijing, can apply for temporary residence permit, and the "Health Certificate" is waived.

Re: Residence Registration in Beijing

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:43 pm
by expatbj
In this point, I want to be a diplomat so that could get out this regularly and boring registration... :D