Page 1 of 1

Notice for S2 (Private Business) Visa Extension and Renewal Application for Foreigners(Temporary)

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:54 am
by inbeijing
Ⅰ Application Object
The foreigners who pay a short-term visit to their foreign family members residing in Beijing because of their work or study, or the foreigners who need to reside in Beijing due to other private business; the family members include spouse, parents, the spouse’s parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, and children’s spouse

Ⅱ Application Materials
1.Valid passport or other international travel documents
2.Valid Temporary Accommodation Registration Form issued by a local police station or a hotel in Beijing.
3.Completely filled VISA / STAY PERMIT / RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM with recent half-length, white background, bareheaded, full-faced 2-inch color photo. Please fill in the application form in black ink or sign pen.
4.The family visitor should submit the residence permit of the person to be visited. Those who entered with an S2 visa should submit a proof of family relationship or kinship, which can be a marriage certificate, a birth certificate, or an adoption certificate issued by the relevant national authorities, a kinship certificate issued by the relevant sub-district office, the local police station, the department of human resources of a government unit, or the Embassy in China of their country, or the relevant notarization documents etc. (Any of the above certificates issued by foreign authorities or notary offices need to be authenticated by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in the relevant country).
The non-S2 visa holders applying for an S2 visa should additionally submit a guarantee of their living expenses and abiding by Chinese laws during their stay in China provided by the person to be visited (if the person to be visited is under 18, the applicant should provide a guarantee himself/herself).
5.The applicants with other private business should submit proofs of the private business or humanitarian causes. The foreigners who intend to receive medical aid or services in Beijing should submit a proof of hospitalization or receiving medical services issued by a medical organ. The accompanying persons (no more than 2 people) should be the family members of the applicant’s and should submit a kinship certificate ( The above certificates issued by foreign authorities or notary offices need to be authenticated by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in the relevant country) and a proof of accompanying issued by the above medical organ.
6.Other relevant certification documents that the Exit-entry Administration Department consider it necessary to submit.

Ⅲ Timeline for Application
1.For the extension of S2 visa, the applicants who visit relatives can apply for an extension of no longer than 180 days; the others can apply for an extension of no long than 90 days. The specific timeline for approval will examined and determined by Exit-entry Administration Department according to the circumstances of different applicants.
2.For the renewal of S2 visa (including the application of a reentry visa for the S2 visa holders), the applicants can apply for a visa with entry validity of no longer than 3 months, duration of stay of no longer than 180 days, and zero or single entry. The actual term of validity will be examined and approved by the Division of Exit-Entry Administration according to the applicant’s conditions. The continuously accumulated term of validity of the renewed visa cannot exceed 1 year since the date of the current entry.

Ⅳ Points for Attention
1.Applicants will be required to accept a face-to-face interview. For those who are under 16 or over 60 or are inconvenient to walk due to diseases or other reasons, the person to be visited can apply on their behalf. However, the applicant must take an interview in person if the Division of Exit-Entry Administration requires.
2.The extension for a longer duration of S2 visa is only valid for this referred entry and does not affect the entry times and period of validity of the original visa. The accumulated length of extension shall not exceed the original duration of stay specified in the visa. By issuing new S2 visa, meanwhile the original visa became invalid.
3.For the above-stated materials, the original documents need to be verified, and submit the copies in A4 paper.
4.Application materials with foreign language (except for English) should be translated into Chinese by qualified translation Company and submitted finally.
5.Applicant who doesn’t nullify cancel China's household registration should apply after the cancellation of household registration. The relevant cancellation certificate issued by police station will be submitted if the Exit-entry Administration Department considers it necessary.
6.Foreigners aged under eighteen who apply for extension or renew visa for the first time in China must submit their birth certificates, passports of parents and overseas residence certification.

Ⅴ Warm Prompt of regulations
1.Where the duration of stay needs to be extended, the visa holder shall file an application 7 days prior to the expiry of the duration specified in the visa.
2.During the application process when the applicant's passport or other international travel certificates are received and kept by the Exit-entry Administration Bureau, applicants can reside legally in China by right of the receipt.
3.Entities or individuals that issue written invitations shall be liable for the fidelity of the contents.
4.The Exit-entry Administration Bureau of Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau may verify the authenticity of the applicants’ purpose through interviews, telephone inquiry and investigation. The applicants and the inviting units issuing the invitation letters and certificate materials shall cooperate.
5.Decisions made by the exit-entry administration of public security organ on rejecting applications for visa extension or reissuance, or on not issuing foreigners’ stay or residence permits or not extending the duration of residence shall be final.
6.The visa-issuing authorities are not required to give reasons for refusing the issuance of a visa.

(source: Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau)

Re: Notice for S2 (Private Business) Visa Extension and Renewal Application for Foreigners(Temporary

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:55 am
by inbeijing
:D :D :D :D