Page 1 of 1

Notice for M Visa Extension and Renewal Application for Foreigners (Temporary)

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:56 am
by inbeijing
Ⅰ Application Objects
Foreign citizens invited to Beijing for business activities

Ⅱ Application Materials
1.Valid passport or other international travel documents.
2.Valid Registration Form of Temporary Residence in Beijing
3.Completely filled VISA / STAY PERMIT / RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM with recent half-length, white background, bareheaded, full-faced 2-inch color photo. Please fill in the application form in black ink or sign pen.
4.The applicants shall submit legal registration certificate of the inviter (entities or individuals within China). The registration certificate varies according to the nature of inviter, for instance, currently audited Business License issued by the commercial department, individual business registration certificate issued by the State Administration for Industry and Commerce, Registration Certificate of Foreign Enterprises' Permanent Representative Offices in China issued by the State Administration for Industry and Commerce, Legal Person's Registration certificate of Institutions, the Practicing License of Foreign law firm’s Permanent Representative Offices in China. In addition, the inviter (individual) should also submit his ID card and residence booklet or temporary residence permit.
5.Chinese official letter with official seal issued by the inviting units to Exit-entry Administration Department of Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau (hereinafter referred to as Exit-entry Administration Department), describing the following details: (1) basic information of the inviting unit and applicant; (2) purpose to visit China including activities, time and place of staying, exit-entry itinerary arrangement; (3) source of expense and warrant to observe relevant laws during stay in China.
6.Foreigners who enter into China with non-M visa and apply for renewing a new M visa should invited by authorized units of the first and second categories.
7.Other documents needed by Beijing Municipal Administration of Entry & Exit.

Ⅲ Timeline for Application
1.For application of F visa, foreigners can apply for extending duration of stay for no more than 180 days longer. The specific timeline for approval will examined and determined by Exit-entry Administration Department according to the circumstances of different applicants.
2.For application of M visa renewal (including an M visa application for re-entry times), foreigners can apply for renew zero, one, two or more-time visa with period of validity for no more than 1 year and duration of stay for less than 180 days. The specific timeline for approval will examined and determined by Exit-entry Administration Department according to the circumstances of different applicants. The accumulative total duration of stay must not exceed 1 year from the date of entry according to the renewal of M visa.

Ⅳ Points for Attention
1.Applicants will be required to accept a face-to-face interview.
2.The visa extension is only valid for current entry, not affecting the entries and validity of the original visa, and the accumulated length of extension shall not exceed the original duration of stay specified in the visa. When the visa is reissued, the original will be expired.
3.Please submit the original application documents and keep the copy ones (in standard A4 paper).
4.All the application documents in foreign language (other than English) need to be translated into Chinese by an authorized translation agency and submitted.
5.Applicant who doesn’t nullify cancel China's household registration should apply after the cancellation of household registration. The relevant cancellation certificate issued by police station will be submitted if the Exit-entry Administration Department consider it necessary.
6.Foreigners aged under eighteen who apply for extension or renew visa for the first time in China must submit their birth certificates, passports of parents and overseas residence certification.
7.The Inviting units shall be required to register for the record in the Exit-entry Administration Bureau.

Ⅴ Warm Prompt of Regulation
1.Where the duration of stay needs to be extended, the visa holder shall file an application 7 days prior to the expiry of the duration specified in the visa.
2.Foreigners residing in China shall submit their certificates to the local public security organs for examination within the prescribed period of time.
3.Entities or individuals that issue written invitations shall be liable for the fidelity of the contents.
4.The exit/entry administration of public security organ may verify the authenticity of the application through interviews, telephone calls as well as investigations. Both the applicants and Entities or individuals that issue written invitations shall cooperate with it.
5.Decisions made by the exit/entry administration of public security organ on rejecting applications for visa extension or reissuance, or on not issuing foreigners' stay or residence permits or not extending the duration of residence shall be final.
6.The visa-issuing authorities are not required to give reasons for refusing the issuance of a visa.

(source: Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau)