8 hour Layover in Beijing

General chat. Got a question that's baffling you?
Phoenixtravel011

8 hour Layover in Beijing

Postby Phoenixtravel011 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:14 am

We are headed to Thailand at the end of October and have an 8 hour layover in Beijing. We land at 5:20 am and do not take off until 2:05 in the afternoon. I am wanting to get out and see one sight there while we have the time, and after the 14 hour flight it will feel good to get out and walk a bit! I just read that the Forbidden City does not open until 8:30, which should give us enough time to go through customs and the taxi ride there. I read that I can pre-purchase our tickets to get inside 10 days prior. I was hoping to spend about 2 hours there but in no way want to feel pressed for time getting back to the airport, check in and ready for our final flight. Am just wondering from anyone who may know if this is doable. I've been doing a lot of reading and found many stories of people doing the same and having a great time, but just know that sometimes I don't want to press my luck too much! Any and all advise would be very much welcomed and I thank you in advance!

Re: 8 hour Layover in Beijing

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:19 am

You'll be out of the airport at 6h15 or so. The Forbidden City opens at 8h30 and the taxi ride will be about 45 minutes. You can also take the subway.

If you are so early, you may want to walk around Tian'Anmen to kill time. You should leave at 11h30 or so to be back at the airport a little after noon.

No need to worry about pre-booking your entry ticket.

This is doable and not stressful at all.

Miles
Beijing Medium Citizens

Postby Miles » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:15 pm

I would like to say both of you shared really nice information about Beijing. Through your posts, I have got nice sort of stuff about this. I must share this nice information with my all friends. I am sure they also like this kind of information. thanks buddy for this nice sharing.

Jackson
Beijing New Citizens

Postby Jackson » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:50 pm

I am going to agree with you and would like to say that buddy there is no doubt both of them have shared such a nice information. Beijing is a worldwide famous place among visitors and they love to be there again and again. Anyway, miles buddy have you ever visited this place??

Miles
Beijing Medium Citizens

Postby Miles » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:42 pm

Yeah, I have explored this destination one time in my life in this year. In this destination, I have explored there many attractions of this destination in my life. all the places of this destination are awesome. I wish, I could explore this destination again and again. By the way, have you ever explored this destination in your life?

haven
Beijing Medium Citizens

Postby haven » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:49 am

I have my personal experience of this destination and I would like to share with you that Last time when I was taken this tour my aunt with me and we had great fun there, she is so jolly minded women. so now layover in Beijing tour I would like to again take for enjoying my holidays but in next time I will take with my best friend.

Miles
Beijing Medium Citizens

Postby Miles » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:42 pm

You have shared a nice image of this place. You have captured there during your tour. It is a most historical place in Beijing. After seeing this image, I remember that time, when I have visited this attraction personally. I am sure history lovers must explore this attraction after seeing your shared image.

haven
Beijing Medium Citizens

Postby haven » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:01 pm

I am really glad to know that you like my sharing image of this destination. And yeah I have captured this image during my tour of this attraction. Its a really best thing is here you have been visited there and after seeing it remind your personal experience of this destination. It my own goodness here....

Return to “General Discussion”