How to have my visa extended?

General chat. Got a question that's baffling you?
User avatar
Site Edit
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:33 am
Country: Beijing

How to have my visa extended?

Postby inbeijing » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:13 pm

Entry and Exit - How to have my visa extended?

Foreigners who want to stay in China beyond the duration of their visa need to apply for an extension.

The visa extension application should be form submitted to the Local Public Security Bureau 7 days before the expiration date of the visa.

Foreigners who want their visa to be extended should provide the following evidential materials:
(1) Valid passport and visa
(2) A completed application form for visa extension
(3) Reason for the extension.

The length of the extension depends on the type of visa and multiple entry visas can not be extended

You are advised not to overstay the duration of your visa or fail to apply for an extension before your visa expires as you risk being heavily fined and have your travel plans disrupted.

Be happy no matter what....

Return to “General Discussion”