What is a "good" salary in Beijing?

General chat. Got a question that's baffling you?
stevef
Beijing New Citizens

What is a "good" salary in Beijing?

Postby stevef » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi all,

I am trying to find out what would be considered an "average" , "good" , and "oh-my-God-I'm-loaded!!" salary in Beijing. It's for a Chinese-national senior professional IT-type job in the oil/gas industry.

Yes, I know this is a really difficult question to answer, so there are no wrong answers, any input (and caveats) happily accepted.

Cheers and TIA.

expatbj
Beijing New Citizens

Re: What is a "good" salary in Beijing?

Postby expatbj » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:41 pm

For a Chinese-national senior IT job, a good salary might be around the 15,000RMB/month range. A foreigner with the same position, to be considered a 'good' salary. would need to command more than double that, plus living allowances, which would at minimum triple it... and that would not be a high-paying 'expat' style salary in Beijing.

hoston
Beijing New Citizens

Re: What is a "good" salary in Beijing?

Postby hoston » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:06 am

expatbj wrote:For a Chinese-national senior IT job, a good salary might be around the 15,000RMB/month range. A foreigner with the same position, to be considered a 'good' salary. would need to command more than double that, plus living allowances, which would at minimum triple it... and that would not be a high-paying 'expat' style salary in Beijing.

Just like he said

Return to “General Discussion”