Is that real that many foreigners left Beijing?

General chat. Got a question that's baffling you?
AnnieHermesmoving
Beijing Vagrant

Is that real that many foreigners left Beijing?

Postby AnnieHermesmoving » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:26 pm

I have lived in Shanghai for almost 4.5 years. I never been to Beijing. Just wondering how is it?

I heard that many foreigners left Beijing because off the air pollution in Beijing. Is that true? I am wondering where do they move to ? Move to other cities in China or back to their hometown?

What I found in Shanghai is that many foreigner in Shanghai still stay here, since their job here, family here ,everything is here. Although the air pollution is bad sometimes, but the life in Shanghai are still good, it's convenient to go everywhere , you can buy everything you want here and it's really an open minded city. Of course there are some people left because some special reasons, but there are people still come to Shanghai all the time.

tina
Beijing New Citizens

Re: Is that real that many foreigners left Beijing?

Postby tina » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:38 am

Yes,some is like that. As i know some employee going job transfer to beijing with their family, they will take very serious consideration.Especially for their kids. Also the company will provide benefits to the employ due to the air pollution.
Last year two of my friends in beijing was apply job transfer to shenzhen or shanghang because their little kids.

But now the situation is changing. the local gov was publish many policies for change the air. It's will be better and better.

All the key people of China living in beijing, no worries :lol:

stevef
Beijing New Citizens

Re: Is that real that many foreigners left Beijing?

Postby stevef » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:07 pm

tina wrote:Yes,some is like that. As i know some employee going job transfer to beijing with their family, they will take very serious consideration.Especially for their kids. Also the company will provide benefits to the employ due to the air pollution.
Last year two of my friends in beijing was apply job transfer to shenzhen or shanghang because their little kids.

But now the situation is changing. the local gov was publish many policies for change the air. It's will be better and better.

All the key people of China living in beijing, no worries :lol:

Better and better :D

Return to “General Discussion”