5 Must-Have Apps for Living and Traveling in China

General chat. Got a question that's baffling you?
heyimo
Beijing New Citizens

5 Must-Have Apps for Living and Traveling in China

Postby heyimo » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:03 pm

I don’t know how you guys feel but as for me, I eager to blend into a new environment as soon as possible if I decide to live there and work there. The following 5 apps do help me a lot in getting familiar with China and I wanna share with U guys.
1. Google Maps
Taking Google Maps with you is one of the best options to explore new places. Traffic updates, public transit, city tours with 360-degree street views, plus a voice-guided, turn-by-turn GPS navigation are merely some of the features this mobile app offers so you can navigate like a pro.(Cost: free; for iPhone and Android)
2.Chelaile(车来了)
Chelaile is to check a bus real-time location. It can not only provide bus station distance and estimated arrival time, but also show the whole situation of a certain bus line. Taking it, users will no longer wait for a bus blindly and this effectively saves time as well as changing the way users travel.Currently it has been launched in Beijing, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Hangzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Guangzhou, Foshan and other 32 cities.(Cost: free; for Android 2.2 and above, IOS 4.3 and above)
3.Alipay/Wechat Wallet
Basically you can pay your bills with these apps on your phone in many cities which saves you a lot of trouble from exchanging money.(Cost: free; for iPhone and Android)
4.Dazhongdianping(大众点评)
Dazhongdianping offers recommendations on the best restaurants and dishes in China. Mouth-watering photos and competent advice for every foodie out there. Also, you can get some coupons on it. (Cost: free; for iPhone and Android)
5.Yespo
For languages problem, you can find an online interpreter through this app. All the interpreters are experienced in translation and professional. Currently it supports English, Russian and Chinese.(Cost: free; for iPhone and Android)

Cissy
Beijing New Citizens

Re: 5 Must-Have Apps for Living and Traveling in China

Postby Cissy » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:07 pm

For maps, I prefer Baidu maps. No offense. I've tried Chelaile, it's great and saved me lots of time. Thanks for sharing. What's that yespo however? Can I find interpreters anytime and why no Korean since I am ready to go on a business trip to Korea.

Scott

Re: 5 Must-Have Apps for Living and Traveling in China

Postby Scott » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:44 pm

what about wechat

Return to “General Discussion”