Shichahai

inbeijing
Site Edit

Shichahai

Postby inbeijing » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:37 pm

About
Address: Smoke-bag Slanting Street. Xicheng District Bus: 60,5,107,124 and get off at Gulou South station

Shichahai is a scenic area of history and culture in Beijing and one of its historical and cultural protection zones. It lies in Xicheng District, the center of the city, and is close to its central axis. With a 336,000-square-meter water-covered area connected with Zhongnanhai, it is the only open scenic area with a wide expanse of water in the city. It is an important witness of the history of Beijing's planning and construction, having the largest and best preserved age-old block in the city. In the Yuan Dynasty it was the capital's center for commerce and grain transport. In the Ming and Qing dynasties, it was home to manyhigh officials and men of letters. After the Manchu takeover, the emperor-led Pure Yellow Banner troops were stationed here. In 1992, the Standing Conference of the Beijing Government named it a scenic area of history and culture (hereafter referred to as Shichahai).

Each year, the cultural tourism festival is held in Shichahai. 'Hutong Tour by rickshaw' and its updated version 'Shichahai-in-depth tour of old Beijing' have become well-known tourism brands of Beijing. Tourists may experience genuine Beijing culture by joining tours of princes' mansions, old streets, ancient temples, former residences, city gate towers, Hutongs, homely feasts, boating, bars, and accommodation in Quadrangle Dwellings. As a window to 'humanistic Olympics' of Beijing, Shichahai is playing an important role in welcoming the 2008 Olympic Games.
Around

1. Kaorouji Restaurant
As a "Famous Chinese Old Brand" and one of the largest Muslim restaurants in Beijing, the Kao Rou Ji Restaurant is located at the north riverbank of the renowned tourist attraction-Qianhai, Shichahai. It is watched by the Yinding Bridge (Ingot Bridge) and adjacent to the Bell Tower.
Recommended: mince chicken and sea cucumber, fried prawns, braised pork, grilled mutton, stir-fried lamb with dried apricot slices, sweet fruit roll, etc.
Address: 14 Qianhai Riverside (east), Di'anmenwai Street, Xicheng District, Beijing
Bus Route: No. 815, 819, 5, drop off at Gulou (Bell Tower)
Telephone: 8610-64042554 64045921

2. Baoduzhang
Established in 1883, "Baoduzhang" was located right beside Qianhai at Shichahai and was therefore blessed with a panoramic view over the beautiful lake. All raw materials used at "Baoduzhang" are fresh tripe of sheep or cows slaughtered within 24 hours. Every single leaf of each Ox tripe is required to be washed repeatedly and sheep tripe must be washed until the water turns crystal clear.

Specialties: fried ox tripe-12 yuan/portion, fried sheep tripe (Sandan)-14 yuan/portion, roasted sesame seed cake-0.5 yuan/piece, sheep entrails soup-5 yuan/bowl suet

Address: 17 Qianhai Riverside (east), Shichahai, Xicheng District
Opening hours: 11: 00-14:00 16:00-21:00
Catering capacity: 20-30 persons

3. Kongyiji Restaurant is located at Houhai and is easily overlookable unless guided by people with intimate knowledge of this area. Inside the black wooden door, a secluded pebble path winds its way amidst the bamboo-canopied courtyard leading the visitors to the dinning area, where distinctively southern style wax-printed tablecloths, gauze curtains, wooden windows and parlor screens give people the illusion of being present at the idyllic Jiangnan (south of the Yangtze River which is best known in China for the region's poetic sceneries). Further supplemented by statues of Lu Xun and a collection of the great master's works personally donated by Mr. Zhou Haiying (the son of Lu Xun), Kongyiji distinguishes itself from others in its genuine pursuit of a unique cultural atmosphere which is also the very reason behind its widespread popularity among local diners.

Opening hours: 10:00-14:00, 16:30-22:00
Telphone: 8610-66184915
Address: South riverside, Houhai, Shichahai, Denei Street, Xicheng District; opposite the former residence of Song Qingling at the other side of the river.
Tips
To say it strictly, Houhai consists the coast of Houhai and the smoke-bag slanting street behind.There are many kinds of bars, characteristic restaurants, drugstores, chophouses, vegetable and fruit sellers who have no license. Having no brands is characters of the bars here, although you can make out whether the bar is suit for you or not through the light from the door.Beginning from the Yuan Dynasty, there is a block of lake out of the northen door which is integrated but somewhere is break. There reserves manyaristocratic big houses and courtyards, the civilians live in the four houses combined yard around.

Attachments
W020080417545416444100[1].jpg
W020080417545416444100[1].jpg (23.81 KiB) Viewed 897 times
W020080404627294245082[1].jpg
W020080404627294245082[1].jpg (29.69 KiB) Viewed 897 times
W020080404628533675649[1].jpg
W020080404628533675649[1].jpg (34.91 KiB) Viewed 897 times
W020080404630202468733[1].jpg
W020080404630202468733[1].jpg (131.43 KiB) Viewed 897 times
Be happy no matter what....

Bienk
Beijing Medium Citizens

Re: Shichahai

Postby Bienk » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:28 pm

Tourism in such locations is always a thing which provides us a lot to learn and keeping things in an order for the travelers is always very usefully and goes to another level when it comes to the uses in it.
As a traveler its a lot of fun getting into things like http://bestbustours.com/3-days-from-new-york-to-niagara-corning-boston-tour.html/ which is the best part for me.

haven
Beijing Medium Citizens

Postby haven » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:19 pm

Well, I must say that here you have shared really nice images and stuff about the Shichahai. I have never explore it but this time I want to go there as a visitor. I hope so many of the thing I will do and enjoy there with my friend full one week holidays with all of them. Any suggestions you have here about my next tripe of Shichahai?

Anwen
Beijing New Citizens

Postby Anwen » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:46 pm

It's so much amazing kind of images of Shichahai that have shared here. I really love the beauty of it and would really like to r explore out this for sure in future. I would really love to try out the beauty of thsi National park for sure while having really great kind of chance.

Marvelous
Beijing New Citizens

Postby Marvelous » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:38 pm

Have heard a lot about this destination and will really like to explore this place out i am sure that will be just so much fun for me to have fun on some of the thing like this out.

chuni
Beijing New Citizens

Postby chuni » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:02 pm

Wow, all of the stuff about the Shichahai is really great and also best for visitors. International tourist likes to go China for exploring its cities or areas which are so beautiful for a visitor. I like to say that it is a beautiful National park in Beijing, China for natural beauty lovers. I have already visited this place.

selenazhangtours
Beijing New Citizens

Postby selenazhangtours » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:02 am

Email: selenazhangtours@hotmail.com
selenazhangtours@gmail.com
Whatsapp: +8618701200681
Wechat: 18701200681
Tele: 008618701200681
Hi My friends,My name is Selena and I am a licensed English-Speaking tour guide in Beijing.
A guided tour with me will be a highlight of your stay.
You are here to enjoy your visit and have a great experience in Beijing and my passion is to make sure you do just that.
You know how you just want a simple to arrange tour that is good value?
Well, what I do is offer:
*A flexible tour itinerary
*Access to a comfortable vehicle with a competent driver
*A taste of good, local food
*A reasonable and competitive price
I am honest, reliable, and knowledgeable and I love nothing more than showing visitors this amazing city.
Whether you are visiting Beijing for the first or fiftieth time, I want to ensure you will have a comfortable, enjoyable and unforgettable experience and get the most from your visit. So let me be your local host in Beijing.
Need help planning your time in Beijing?
Feel free to contact me by email to ask questions about your visit. Let me help you with your itinerary by linking you with other services and tours. This is a free planning service I like to offer visitors even if you use another provider.
Contact me to start planning your Beijing tour now
Email: selenazhangtours@hotmail.com
selenazhangtours@gmail.com
Whatsapp: +8618701200681
Wechat: 18701200681
Tele: 008618701200681

Return to “Travel”