Chinese partner schools should meet the following basic requirements:
1. A wealth of experience in international exchange and suitable conditions for foreign visitors;
2. Capacity for sending a number of qualified Chinese teachers or volunteers;
3. A location in municipality-level or prefecture-level cities or above.
Refer to the "Constitution and By-Laws of the Confucius Institutes", and become familiar with the Confucius Classroom's nature, mission statement and scope of business service.
The requisites for a foreign partner institution's establishing of a Confucius classroom are as follows:
1. An educational institution recognized and accredited by its country's government;
2. A demand from local citizens and students for learning Chinese language and culture in the locality of the institute;
3. Capacity for providing the Confucius Classroom an appropriate working space, as well as personnel and support in funding.
Application materials prepared by the foreign applicant will include:
1. An application letter signed by the principal or president (both Chinese and English copies);
2. An application plan (both in Chinese and English), including: a. An introduction to the applicant institution; b. Draft programs for Chinese teaching and cultural promotion; c. A floor plan for the required instructional space, and lists of the relevant equipment and facilities available for the proposed Confucius Classroom; d. A projection of management structure; and e. A statement detailing the source, regulation, and management of funding for the proposed Confucius Classroom.
Subsequent to approval from the education authority at the corresponding level, the Chinese partner school should submit an application to the provincial or municipal education department (committee) for approval.
The provincial or municipal education department (committee) will assess the qualification of the Chinese school, then collect the application materials of both Chinese and foreign partner institutions and submit them to the Confucius Institute Headquarters for approval.
The Headquarters should assess the application materials and ask for permission of Chinese embassy in the institution's respective country, and then sign the "Agreement on the Joint Establishment of a Confucius Classroom" document with the foreign applicant
The Chinese and foreign partner institutions should sign the "Implementation Agreement on the Joint Establishment of a Confucius Classroom" document.
The Chinese school should cooperate with its foreign partner in making operational plans, program budget and final account. In addition, it should dispatch Chinese teachers or volunteers to help the foreign party in the launch and running of the Confucius Classroom.
返回顶部Process of Application for Confucius Institute
Read carefully the "Constitution and By-Laws of the Confucius Institutes", "Regulations for Administering Chinese Funds
for the Confucius Institutes", "Agreement on Joint Establishment of a Confucius Institute (draft)" and other relevant documents; get to know the Confucius Institute's nature, mission and business service.
The requirements for the permission to establish a Confucius Institute are as follows:
1. That there is a demand for learning the Chinese language and culture at the applicant's location;
2. That the personnel, space, facilities, and equipment required for language and culture instruction are available;
3. That the capital for the establishment is in place, and that the source of funds for operation is stable.
Preparation of application materials:
An application letter signed by the principal or president;
An application plan, including: a. An introduction of the applicant site; b. A floor plan for the required instructional space, and lists of the relevant equipment and facilities available for the proposed Confucius Institute; c. A projection of market demand, managerial structure, and operational plans for the proposed Confucius Institute; d. A statement detailing the source, regulation, and management of the funds for the proposed Confucius Institute; e. Other materials required by the Confucius Institute Headquarters.
Chinese versions should by attached to all the application materials.
Note: The applicant is entitled to find a Chinese partner institute and a notation should be given in the application plan.
Submit the application materials to the Confucius Institute Headquarters or to the Education Office (Section) or Culture Office (Section) of the local Chinese Embassy.
Note: The applicant can commission the Headquarters to recommend a Chinese partner institute if unable to find one.
The Confucius Institute Headquarters will assess the application materials submitted by the applicant. The assessment may include verification of the document materials, debriefings and interviews, and on-site verification.
The Confucius Institute Headquarters should issue a "Letter on the Approval of Setting up a Confucius Institute" and the two sides sign an "Agreement on the Joint Establishment of a Confucius Institute".
The applicant and its Chinese partner institute should sign an "Implementation Agreement".
click the links below for more details:
1 post • Page 1 of 1